Snape: Lily! I protected your son and saved his life numerous times! Aren’t you happy with me?
Lily: Oh, Snape. I’m incredibly grateful, of course.
Lily: but you also put every effort into being a complete fuckstick to him in between
Lily: for over six years
Lily: since he was eleven and emotionally vulnerable, just escaped from an abusive household, and new to an entire world of magic
Lily: although I don’t see that as personal since it seems you enjoyed abusing all your students regularly
Lily: but yes thanks very much for saving his life
Lily: you’re a prick
Chablis (by Joss-Linn Gagné)
Can’t stop, won’t stop: Protesters in Ferguson rally again, seeking justice for Mike Brown. More than a month and a half after his death, his killer, Darren Wilson, is still a free man. (Pt 2)
Because it wouldn’t be a protest in Ferguson without fuckery from the police. A driver plowed his car through protesters, grazing several and running over a young boys foot. Beyond taking several hours to transport the boy to the hospital, they took even longer to arrest the motorist. Who did they not wait long to arrest? Two of the protesters who had been documenting the altercation for the world to see. If you’re not angry, you’re not paying attention. #staywoke #farfromover #nojusticenopeace
Just in case anyone thinks these are old posts still going round Tumblr: they’re not.
Keeping The Same Tabs Open For 9 Days Straight Because They Contain Information Relevant To Tasks You’re Too Lazy To Complete - A novel by me
Scotland has been building up to voting on whether they should become Independent from the United Kingdom since 2012, the Idea’s been in the works since the ’50s. Yes voters want to be independent, No voters want to stay in the UK.
The parties backing Yes are the snp, the greens and the socialists, the parties backing No (also known as better together or no thanks) are the tories, labour, lib dems aka the big 3 of shittery
reasons scotland would want independence
- our votes literally don’t count seriously like in a mentaphor you guys would understand it would be as though our entire country voted democrat but the republicans still got into government because the uk is heavily imbalanced
- literally the population of the whole of scotland = the population of london.
- don’t want to be a part of illegal wars
- the maj. of scotland has a socialist sentiment so you could argue we don’t want to be associated w the capitalist uk
- england has been storing their nuclear weapons here for years, making us a target for attack, because they dont care about scottish lives
- basically used scotland as lab rats for taxes and shitty policies so england didnt suffer
- we have free tuition which the english govt want to take away
- we have free healthcare but westminster wants to privatise it which will badly affect scotland as the poorest nation
during the run up to the independence referendum, (referred to as #indyref for shorthand, &please use the indyref tag to talk abt these issues) the yes campaign released hugely detailed plans for an Independent Scotland, the no side produced nothing but scaremongering and outright lies about mysterious ‘new powers’ scotland would get if we stayed in the uk.
There were huge debates which took ages and i cba hashing out again but basically Yes had a more vocal support.
on the 18th sept we all voted and last night/this morning the results came in as an overwhelming result for No. this is bad as it means scotland is stuck in the racist, imperialist uk which supports illegal wars and looks like it’s going to be run by fascists by the next general election. here’s what happened in the horus following this morning;s announcement
- alex salmond, 1st minister & supporter of independence, resigns
- 'new powers' vanishing into thin air as ed miliband says he won;t sign off of them
- evidence of rigged votes in favour of the no side
- no voters who won the referendum rioting in glasgow, burn the scottish flag
- live feed to glasgow tho it looks quiet in george square atm, violence has taken to the streets
- more on ggow
i don’t know much more yet because this is the first day since the vote + i had no sleep after watching the results till 7am so i’ll be periodically reblogging more stuff as it unfolds. followers in west lothian and glasgow keep safe and maybe hide or obscure your yes flags/stickers to keep yourself safe
basically a lot of uncertainty, people have been literally stabbed and businesses burned down. keep an eye on the indyref and scotland tags + my blog if you want to know the latest. scotland’s time zone is UTC+0.
- “We are left to make this moment into a movement”
- 10 things white people can do about Ferguson besides tweet
- Preparing to discuss Mike Brown in the classroom
- STL teachers in high-poverty areas are looking for support. Donate here.
- Meeting Mike Brown’s father
- Pictures from Ferguson: (1) (2)
- A Weekend of Resistance (Oct. 10-13) More info.
BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS BUNNIES IN SWEATERS
are you sure they’re not
OH DEAR GODS
It’s pretty much cool for people to like what they like? I don’t think I should be the judge of everyone’s preference? If the fandom wants to fawn over these four boring overrated pinheads and karen gillan then that is the fandom’s divine right! Excelsior.
Why don’t most superheroines look like this?
Because most comic books are drawn by men.
Reblogging for artistic reference.
Yes. Artistic reference is why I am reblogging this.
This is why I hate it when people draw the likes of Wonder Woman or Power Girl or She-Hulk without making them muscular because ‘that’s not feminine’. Because clearly, you know, it bloody well is.
Totally reblogging for the artistic reference. Definitely.
artistic reference my ass i’m reblogging this because she’s fucking beautiful and her body is inspiring. also she so cute
nature is rad
These are the most stunning nature photos I have ever seen
This 144-Year-Old Wisteria In Japan Looks Like A Pink Sky
These stunning photographs, which look like a glorious late evening sky with dashes of pink and purple, are actually pictures of Japan’s largest wisteria (or wistaria, depending on whom you ask) plant.
This plant, located in Ashikaga Flower Park in Japan, is certainly not the largest in the world, but it still comes in at an impressive 1,990 square meters (or half an acre) and dates back to around 1870 (the largest, at about 4,000 square meters, is the wisteria vine in Sierra Madre, California). Although wisterias can look like trees, they’re actually vines. Because its vines have the potential to get very heavy, this plant’s entire structure is held up on steel supports, allowing visitors to walk below its canopy and bask in the pink and purple light cast by its beautiful hanging blossoms.
Image credits: Takao Tsushima
i don’t even need to know the context of this drawing
PUSSY GAME TOO STRONG EVEN FOR THE DEVIL.
Yo this is a real thing, it’s known in the West as Anasyrma and it’s the ritual exposing of the genitals or buttocks specifically by lifting the skirt/kilt/toga/robe to avert evil and do all kinds of magic shit like quelling storms at sea and scaring away the devil. In some cultures penis-havers can do the thing but it seems it does not count if you drop trou, the garment must be lifted, I don’t know why. This drawing is from 1674 by Jean de La Fontaine and it’s called Nouveaux Contes, but the core concept is found around the world in many cultures throughout history and even into modern times. So basically PUSSY GAME TOO STRONG EVEN FOR THE DEVIL is exactly the context here.